Search Help Topics:


The IRS e-file processing system generally accepts or rejects tax returns within seconds or minutes; therefore, if your return is accepted, and you later discover that you made an error on your first electronically filed return or you have received additional information (i.e. a W-2 form) that needs to be included in the return, you will need to file an amended return. You should NOT re-submit a second return as it will be rejected with the message "Previously Accepted Return."

The appropriate way to handle errors made on an electronically filed return or additional information needing to be included in the return is to file an amended return. If you determine an amendment is necessary, click on the TaxAct Amendment FAQ.

Was this helpful to you?