The TaxAct Attachment Manager allows you to attach PDF copies of supporting documentation to your return. The program will determine which optional or required attachments apply to you.
Only PDFs can be attached to your return. If you have a paper copy of your attachment, you will need to use a scanner to create a PDF version. If your document is a different file format, you may be able to convert the document to a PDF.
To convert a document to a PDF:
In the free Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open Acrobat, click File, then click Open.
- Find and open the file you wish to convert. You may need to change the Files of Type drop-down to "All Files (*.*)" at the bottom of this screen.
- The file will be converted to PDF when it is opened. Save this file and upload it in the TaxAct Attachment Manager.
In Microsoft Word:
- Open your document in Microsoft Word.
- Click File, then click Print.
- Under the printer options, select "Adobe PDF" as your printer
- Click Print to convert the file to PDF. Save this file and upload it in the TaxAct Attachment Manager.