The TaxAct Attachment Manager allows you to attach PDF copies of supporting documentation to your return. The program will determine which optional or required attachments apply to you.
Only PDFs can be attached to your return. If you have a paper copy of your attachment, you will need to use a scanner to create a PDF version. If your attachment is in a different file format, you may be able to use "Print to PDF" to convert your document. See the steps below for two common methods for creating a PDF.
In Adobe Acrobat:
- Open Acrobat and click File, then Open
- Find and open the file you wish to convert. You may need to change Files of Type from Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) to All Files (*.*) at the bottom of this screen.
- The file will be converted to PDF when it is opened. Save this file and upload it in TaxAct's Attachment Manager.
In Microsoft Word:
- Open your document in Microsoft Word
- Click File, then Print
- Under the printer options, choose Adobe PDF as your printer
- Click Print and the file will convert to PDF. Save this file and upload it in TaxAct's Attachment Manager.