To enter or modify either the taxpayer's or spouse's blind or totally disabled status in your TaxAct® return:
The disability status is used in the TaxAct return:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Basic Info. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Basic Info
- Check the box next to Legally blind, permanently disabled, or passed away
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.
- on the Schedule R to identify if an individual may be classified as disabled
- in the EIC calculation to help determine if an individual can be claimed on another return and for the question on the EIC worksheet
- on some state returns which have special deductions or credits for individuals who are permanently and totally disabled