The Tax Calculator provides the ability to perform What-If scenarios in your current year's TaxAct® return for the current or future years. You can project your earnings and expenses into the following years and then make estimated changes to the information to determine your tax liability for the current or upcoming years based on those changes.
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return.
- Click Tools down the left to expand, then click Calculators. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Tools.
- Click Tax Calculator, then enter the information and/or print the report.
- Start your TaxAct Desktop program.
- Click Tools to expand the menu, then click Tax Calculator.
- Click the pink Printer icon above the worksheet to print. You can choose to send the output to a printer or a PDF document. Also, if you wish to only print preview the worksheet, check Print Preview. Remember to uncheck Print Preview when you do actually want the worksheet to print.
- From the TaxAct website or home page, click the Tax Tools drop-down in the top menu bar, then click Tax Information.
- Click the Tax Tools & Calculators tile, then click the Tax Calculator tile.
- On the final screen titled Your 2020 Tax Calculation, you will be able to view a summary of the results based on your entries. From there, you can also click the Start for Free link to start a return using the TaxAct program.