The Tax Calculator* provides the ability to perform What-If scenarios in your current year's TaxAct® return for the current or future years. You can project your earnings and expenses into the following years and then make estimated changes to the information to determine your tax liability for the current or upcoming years based on those changes.
To enter information and/or print the Federal Tax Calculator in your TaxAct return:
- Log into your TaxAct Online return
- Click on the Next Year tab. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Next Year
- Click Continue or No until you reach the screen titled Tax Calculator
- Click the button Tax Calculator to enter the information and/or print the report.
TaxAct Desktop Users:
- Start your TaxAct Desktop program
- Click the Tools tab on the right side of the screen and then click the link Tax Calculator to view/edit the form
- Click the pink Printer icon above the worksheet to print. You can choose to send the output to a printer or a PDF document. Also, if you wish to only print preview the worksheet, check the Print Preview box. Remember to clear the Print Preview checkbox when you do actually want the worksheet to print
Another option for estimating the current year return would be to utilize the Tax Calculator
on the TaxAct website
. From the TaxAct website
, click Tax Info
in the top center of the screen. On the website Tax Information for When You Need It Most
, click the link Tax Tools & Calculators
. From there click the link Tax Calculator
and proceed through the screens to enter the information. On the final screen, titled Your 2017 Tax Calculation
, you will be able to view a summary of the results based on your entries. From there you can also click the green link titled Start your return for Free!
to start a return using the TaxAct program.