Search Help Topics:


To enter your capital loss carryover from a prior year in the program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Investment Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, click Gain or loss on the sale of investments to expand, then click Capital loss carryover from previous years.
  3. Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
  4. On the screen titled Investment Income - Carryover from 2019, enter the applicable Short-term carryover and/or Long-term carryover amounts for the taxpayer and/or spouse, then click Continue.

Was this helpful to you?