Search Help Topics:


If your filing status is Married Filing Separate (MFS), you will need to indicate whether you lived with your spouse during the year.

To indicate whether you lived with your spouse:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Basic Information in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Name.
  3. Click Continue, check I lived apart from my spouse the entire year (if applicable), then click Continue.

Was this helpful to you?