Alaska - Permanent Fund Dividends

Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends (PFD) are entered in the Other Income section of the TaxAct Federal Q&A, and reported on Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 7b:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Other Income in the Federal Quick Q&A menu to expand the category and then click Prizes, awards or other miscellaneous income
  3. Enter the amount of Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends received by the taxpayer and/or the spouse in the field provided

Per IRS Publication 550, Investment Income and Expenses, page 22:

Alaska Permanent Fund dividends. Do not report these amounts as dividends. Instead, include these amounts on Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 7b.