To access the Preparer Master Information dialog box:
- Start your TaxAct® Professional Edition program.
- Click Preparer in the top menu.
- Click Master Information, then click Preparers.
- Click Add New Preparer to add a preparer or click the pencil icon to modify a preparer in the program.
Available tabs in the Preparer Master Information section include:
- Edit practice information including address
- Add/edit or delete preparers
- Select a Default Preparer
- For Client Manager display fields - regarding Client Return Status and Client Pay Status
Computer location of the following directories:
- Client Data Directory
- PDF Directory
- Log Files Directory
- Auto Backup Directory
- E-files Directory
- Temp Files Directory
In each section of this tab you can control various options available in TaxAct Professional Editions (i.e. toggle them on or off).
- Print the preparer's name in the Preparer's Signature field.
- Print the current date in the Preparer's Signature Date field.
- Print all capital gain/loss transactions on Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets.
- Do not print Schedule K-1 Page 2 (codes) (1065, 1120-S and 1041 only).
- File State "Long Forms" instead of State "Short Forms" on all returns (1040 only).
- Print Schedule B (Form 1040) Interest and Ordinary Dividends even if the total is under $1,500.
- Automatically lock returns after e-filing.
- Assign invoice numbers to all new and imported returns (and selection of the number to begin with and increase by).
- Whether to show message on return open indicating that refund has changed due to an updated or different version of TaxAct.
- Whether to include social security number(s) or direct deposit information on Tax Organizers (1040 only).
Calculation Options (1040 only)
- Whether the IRS should compute Form 2210 - Underpayment Penalty (TaxAct will not compute penalty).
- States will compute the underpayment penalty (TaxAct will not compute penalty).
- Automatic completion of Boxes 3-6 of Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement based on Box 1 and Box 12 entries.
- Automatic completion of Box 16 State Wages of Form W-2 based on Box 1 entry.
- Automatic completion of Box 18 Local Wages of Form W-2 based on Box 1 entry.
- Do not automatically compute state sales or use tax (New York returns only).
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.