If you file returns for another preparer (or need another preparer to file returns for you), there are a few extra steps to complete in your TaxAct® Professional Edition program.
To e-file returns as the Electronic Return Originator, but not as the Paid Preparer:
- From within your TaxAct Professional Edition program, click Preparer in the upper menu bar, hover your mouse over Master Information, then click Preparers.
- Click Add New Preparer, and enter the EFIN of the ERO in the Electronic Filing Info section.
- From the Client Manager screen, double-click the return you will be filing as the ERO.
- Click Federal from the dropdown in forms explorer, then click the My Active Forms dropdown (if it is not already expanded), then click Basic Information.
- Scroll down to the Paid Preparer/Electronic Return Originator Information section.
- Click the Checkbox next to Check if ERO is also paid preparer to uncheck it.
- Type the ERO information in the section below. The other preparer’s information will transmit as the paid preparer of the return.