If you file returns for another preparer (or need another preparer to file returns for you), there are a few extra steps to complete in your TaxAct® Professional Edition program.
To e-file returns as the Electronic Return Originator, but not as the Paid Preparer:
- Add the paid preparer as a new Preparer.
- Under the Electronic Filing Info tab, (for that Paid Preparer), enter the EFIN information of the ERO.
- Open the return you want to change, then expand the Information Worksheets folder in the left navigation pane.
- Open the Basic Information worksheet, then uncheck/clear Check if ERO is also Paid Preparer.
- Type the ERO information in that section. The other preparer’s information will transmit as the paid preparer of the return.