If you file returns for another preparer (or need another preparer to file returns for you), there are a few extra steps to complete in your TaxAct® Professional Edition program.
To electronically file returns as the Electronic Return Originator, but not as the Paid Preparer:
- Add the paid preparer as a new Preparer
- Under the Electronic Filing Info tab (for that Paid Preparer) enter the EFIN information of the ERO
- Open the return you want to change, and then expand the Information Worksheets folder in the left navigation pane
- Open the Basic Information worksheet and under the "Paid Preparer / Electronic Return Originator (ERO) nformation" section, uncheck the box Check if ERO is also Paid Preparer
- Type the ERO information in that section. The other preparer’s information will transmit as the paid preparer of the return.