Search Help Topics:


All unemployment compensation you receive is taxable and included in your gross income. If you received unemployment compensation during the year, you should receive a Form 1099-G Certain Government Payments showing the amount you were paid. This amount must be included in your income.

To enter or review your unemployment compensation information from Form 1099-G in the TaxAct® program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Other Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Unemployment compensation
  3. Click +Add Form 1099-G Unemployment to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created 
  4. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information

See Unemployment Benefits on Page 27 of IRS Publication 525 Taxable and Nontaxable Income for more information.

Was this helpful to you?