You can complete Form 4868 Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File within your TaxAct Professional Edition.
To complete Form 4868:
- Open the client return by double-clicking the client's name in Client Manager.
- Click Return in the top menu.
- Click Application for Extension.
- Click Federal or State (choose which state if you have more than one; in some cases, choose City).
You’ll be directed to the Q&A method of filing the extension. Follow the prompts to complete the form.
To complete Form 4868 with Forms View:
- Open the client return by double-clicking the client's name in the Client Manager.
- In the left navigation pane, expand the Federal folder, then expand the Federal Forms and Schedules folder.
(For a state return, scroll down to locate and expand the applicable state folder instead.)
- Scroll down to locate and expand the Form 4868 - Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File folder (or use the Search bar at the top of the navigation pane).
- Double-click Add Copy. The form will open in the right pane.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.