To remove the Paid Preparer information from the Federal Form 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return:
- In Forms View, expand the Federal folder in the left navigation pane.
- Expand the Information Worksheets folder.
- Expand the Basic Information - Basic Information folder.
- Double-click the Federal Basic Information worksheet to open.
- In the Paid Preparer / Electronic Return Originator (ERO) Information section, check Do not include paid preparer information on this return.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.