Changing the "Claimed as Dependent on Someone Else's Return" Entry

You can locate the question regarding whether or not you can be claimed on someone else's tax return using the following the steps below:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
  2. Click the Basic Information dropdown, then click Dependent on someone else's tax return.
  3. On the screen titled Can you be claimed as a dependent?, check I can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return.