Import After Filing an Extension

After e-filing a return or extension, the TaxAct online return is locked for importing to avoid overwriting information filed to the IRS.

If you chose to file an extension prior to importing your previous year's tax return, you will be unable to import. If you need to import your previous year's return data you will need to create a new return within your account.

You may create a new return by clicking the Add 20XX Online Return link in your main account page, or the Add a 20XX Return button in My Taxes (click the My Taxes tile).