If your California return was rejected with Rule Number F540/NR/NRS/2EZ-170 (or 180), the California Franchise Tax Board is saying the amount entered as the Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is not matching their records. It is possible California's records are incorrect, and the steps below will allow you to still electronically file your return:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click Filing and then on the button E-Filing
- Continue to the screen California E-Filing - Prior Year CA Return and select Yes or No depending on what is correct for your situation
- If you selected "Yes," click Signature Option on the following screen and continue through the steps, OR
- If you selected "No," click I Agree on the following screen and continue through the steps
- Either way, on the screen titled E-Filing - Print California Return, when you click Print Selected Items (and then click the PDF link to view and/or print the PDF), included with the return, and mentioned in the instructions, will be California Form FTB 8453-OL. As explained in the instructions, you DO NOT need to mail this form, but just keep it with your tax records
After printing, continue through the filing steps until you click the Submit E-file button and the return should submit successfully.