TaxAct® supports the entry of up to twelve (12) Care Providers on Federal Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses. The IRS Form 2441 that prints with the return only allows two providers to be listed and then there is an overflow sheet that prints to list the remaining providers. If you need to enter more than 12 care providers, you will have to manually complete additional Forms 2441.
To enter more than 12 care providers:
- Enter the first eleven (11) care providers into the TaxAct program.
- For the twelfth (12th) care provider entry in TaxAct, enter "Sum of Other Providers" as the provider name and the address and EIN of the 12th provider. For amount paid, enter the sum of the amounts paid to the providers listed on the manually-prepared Forms 2441.
- On the additional Form 2441, manually enter the information of the additional dependent care providers not already included in the first eleven (11) entries.
- Print the completed tax return. White out the address and EIN of the last care provider entry on the TaxAct sheet of additional providers.
- Attach the manual Forms 2441.
You will have to file a paper tax return.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.