To delete a return:
- From within your TaxAct Desktop program, open a return you want to keep (an open return cannot be deleted). Create a new return if needed.
- From within a return, click File in the upper menu bar.
- Click Delete Return.
- In the dialog box that appears, click the file you want to delete, then click Open.
- Click Yes.
- From within your TaxAct Professional Edition program, on the Client Manager screen, click the client return you want to delete.
- Click File in the upper menu bar.
- Click Delete Client Return.
- Click Yes to remove the return file entirely from the system, or click No to just remove the client from the Client Manager.
To delete a single form:
Go to our Desktop Versions - Deleting Form, Schedule, Document Received, or Worksheet FAQ.