To delete a single form:
- From within a return, click Forms (next to Q&A) on the toolbar near the top.
- In the navigation pane on the left, expand the Federal folder (or the applicable state folder).
- Expand the Forms and Schedules folder.
- Expand the desired form folder, right-click the file listed below, then click Delete Copy.
To delete a full return:
- Open a return you want to keep (an open return cannot be deleted). Create a new return if needed.
- From within a return, click File in the top menu.
- Click Delete Return.
- A Windows Explorer dialog box opens to the directory where your return files are stored. Click the file you want to delete, then click Open.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- In the Client Manager, click the client return you want to delete.
- Click File in the top menu.
- Click Delete Client Return.
- Click Yes to remove the return file entirely from the system, or click No to just remove the client from the Client Manager.