To delete a single form:
- From within a return, click the Forms button (next to Q&A) on the toolbar near the top
- In the navigation pane on the left, expand the Federal folder (or the applicable state folder)
- Expand the Forms and Schedules folder
- Expand the desired form folder and then right-click the file listed below and click Delete Copy
To delete a full return:
- Open a return you want to keep (an open return cannot be deleted). Create a new return if needed.
- From within a return, click File in the top menu
- Click Delete Return
- A Windows Explorer dialog box opens to the directory where your return files are stored. Click the file you want to delete and then click Open.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Client Manager, click the client return you want to delete
- Click File in the top menu
- Click Delete Client Return
- Click Yes to remove the return file entirely from the system, or Click No to just remove the client from the Client Manager