Employee Expenses - Mileage Between Two Jobs

Tax Reform Update: Employee business expenses can be claimed only by Armed Forces reservists, qualified performing artists, fee-basis state or local government officials, and employees with impairment-related work expenses.

If you were employed in one of those occupations in 2018, use Form 2106 to report travel, transportation, and entertainment expenses. To enter these expenses in TaxAct:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
  2. Click Other Adjustments to expand the category, then click National Guard/Reserve member from Form 2106 or Qualified performing Artist or Fee-Basis Government Official from Form 2106.
  3. The program will continue with the interview questions to enter the appropriate information.