Per IRS Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals), on page 74:
Jury duty. Jury duty pay you receive must be included in your income on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8. If you gave any of your jury duty pay to your employer because your employer continued to pay you while you served jury duty, include the amount you gave your employer as an income adjustment on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 22, and see the instructions there.
To enter jury duty pay in TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Other Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Prizes, awards or other miscellaneous income.
- Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
- On the screen titled Miscellaneous - Amounts Received, enter the Jury pay amount, then click Continue.
- On the screen titled Jury Duty Pay - Paid to Employer, click Yes if you had turned over any part of the jury pay to your employer.
- On the screen titled Other Adjustments - Jury Duty, enter the amount, then click Continue.
- After you have entered the amount repaid to your employer, the verbiage "Jury Pay" and the amount will appear next to Line 8 on Schedule 1 (Form 1040 or 1040-SR) Additional Income and Adjustments to Income.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.