Per IRS Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals), page 97:
Jury Duty. Jury duty pay you receive must be included in your income on Schedule 1 (Form1040), line 21. If you gave any of your jury duty pay to your employer because your employer continued to pay you while you served jury duty, include the amount you gave your employer as an income adjustment on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 36, and see the instructions there.
To enter jury duty pay in TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Other Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category, then click Prizes, awards and other miscellaneous income
- Enter your jury pay and then click Continue
- Click Yes to indicate you turned over any part of the jury pay to your employer
- After you have entered the amount repaid to your employer, "Jury Pay" and the amount will appear next to Line 36.