To add state(s) to each new or imported client return in your TaxAct Professional program:
- On the main menu bar at the top of the program window, click Preparer, then click Preferences at the bottom of the drop-down. (This may open a dialog box to save your currently opened client return. Please do so.)
- Click the Miscellaneous tab, check Automatically attach selected states with new or imported returns.
- Click Select States, then check the states you wish to attach to all new or imported returns.
- Click OK (you may have to scroll down).
- When you return to the Miscellaneous screen, click Save and Exit (you may have to scroll down).
Now each new client return will have the selected states attached automatically. (This will not affect returns already created).
Note. You may need to exit and restart the program to ensure these changes are complete.