Search Help Topics:

If you were a part-year resident of Alabama, you need to allocate your AL income correctly to avoid being taxed twice on income earned as a part-year resident of another state.

To allocate your part-year Alabama source income:

  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the State Q&A tab and then click Alabama right below the blue tabs at the top of the screen
  2. Select Continue with Step-by-Step
  3. Verify that Part-year Resident Only (Form 40) is selected and click Continue
  4. Enter your residency dates and click Continue
  5. Click Yes if you need to review your basic information, otherwise click No
  6. On the screen titled Alabama - Wage Income click Review to review the AL wage worksheet and allocate the AL resident wages correctly.
  7. Review the allocation of other income types as AL resident income.


Was this helpful to you?