Search Help Topics:


If Part II, Item I of your Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) Partner’s Share of Income, Deductions,Credits, etc. indicates that the K-1 was issued to the IRA and not to you as an individual, you should not report the information on your individual income tax return. Federal tax law requires that a Schedule K-1 be sent to every unit holder (individual or business). If your IRA held units of the entity, you will receive a K-1. You will report this information on your return when you take distributions from the IRA.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?