Form 1120-S - Amended Return

Form 1120-S U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation is amended by checking the Amended Return box located at the top of Page 1.

To access this checkbox through the Q&A:

  1. From within your TaxAct 1120-S return (Online or Desktop), click Filing. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Filing.
  2. Click Amend Federal Return (Desktop users, located directly below the tabs).
  3. Enter the information as requested on each screen to prepare the amended return.

You will need to attach an explanation of changes, and if the income, deductions, or credits changed, then a new Schedule K-1 (Form 1120-S) Shareholder’s Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc. must be filed and copies sent to the shareholders.

TaxAct supports the e-filing of amended S Corporation returns. At the end of the Amended Federal Return section, you will be prompted to select either Paper Filing or Electronic Filing.

Note. Before mailing the return(s), be sure to review the paper-filing instructions.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.