For Connecticut income to be correctly reflected on Line 6 of Form CT-1040NR/PY, you must complete the Part-Year Residents and Nonresidents section of the State Q&A. This information will be included in the calculation of the percentage to prorate the tax figured on Line 10.
To enter this information in TaxAct:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State to expand, then click Connecticut (or CT). On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click State.
- Click Basic Information in the Connecticut Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Residency.
- On the screen titled Connecticut - Residency, select Nonresident or Part-year resident as appropriate, then click Continue.
- Click Nonresident and Part-Year Resident Topics in the Connecticut Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Income on Schedule CT-SI.
- Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.