For Connecticut income to be correctly reflected on Line 6 of Form CT-1040NR/PY, you must complete the Part-Year Residents and Nonresidents section of the State Q&A. This information will be included in the calculation of the percentage to prorate the tax figured on Line 10.
To enter this information in TaxACT:
- From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the State Q&A tab
- Click Connecticut directly below the blue tabs
- Select Continue with Step-by Step
- Continue to the screen titled Connecticut - Residency and select Nonresident of Connecticut for 2013 or Part-year resident of Connecticut for 2013 as appropriate
- Continue to the screen titled Connecticut NR/PY - CT Source income and click Yes to complete the section for Part-Year Residents and Nonresidents