In the W-2 section of the Federal Q&A, you can enter information for Boxes 15-20. In Box 20 (Local Name), you can only select "Indiana Locality" (which will appear as "IN" on the form) for the Indiana locality. The actual locality name needs to be entered in the Indiana State Q&A.
To enter the locality in TaxAct® (after entering your W-2 information in the Federal Q&A):
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State, then click Indiana (or IN). On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click State.
- Click Income & Additions in the Indiana Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Form(s) W-2 Locality.
- Click Edit on the row of the Form W-2 you want to update.
- Select your locality that appears on your W-2 from the Locality drop-down, then click Continue.
- Repeat these steps for all W-2s that contain "IN" in Box 20.