In the W-2 section of the Federal Q&A you can enter information for boxes 15-20. In Box 20 (Local Name), you can only select "Indiana Locality" (which will appear as "IN" on the form) for the Indiana locality. The actual locality name needs to be entered in the Indiana State Q&A.
To enter the locality in TaxAct® (after entering your W-2 information in the Federal Q&A):
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click on the State tab and then click Indiana directly below the tabs at the top of the screen. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Income & Deductions to expand the category
- Click Form(s) W-2 Locality
- Click Review to the right of Form W-2. This will only appear for W-2s already entered in the Federal Q&A.
- Choose the locality that appears on your W-2
- Repeat these steps for all W-2s that contain "IN" in Box 20