To go directly to a specific section of the TaxAct Q&A Interview:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
- Click any of the topics under Select Topics Myself in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu, then click any subtopic to access its Q&A.
- Click + Add Form to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to edit a form already created (desktop program: click Review instead of Edit).
- If applicable, click Quick Entry to scroll down to answer all applicable questions or click Step-by-Step Guidance to proceed with the program interview questions.
- Continue with the interview process to enter your information.
While these instructions allow access to any section of the interview without reviewing the questions from the beginning, we strongly recommend completing and reviewing the entire Q&A prior to filing the return to ensure all data is entered correctly. That may be done at any time by clicking Federal, then Step-by-Step Guidance.