Search Help Topics:

The instructions for Form MI-1040CR indicate that to amend the form you originally filed you should complete a corrected paper form and hand write Amended across the top. You can correct the information in the software and print the individual form from the Print menu.

This Amended form should then be mailed to:

Michigan Department of Treasury

Lansing, MI 48956

To correct your Form 1040CR information in TaxACT:

  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the State Q&A tab
  2. Click Refundable Credits to expand the category, then click Homestead property tax credit
  3. Click Homestead property tax credit claim, Form MI-1040CR
  4. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to correct your information.

Was this helpful to you?