Based on what you enter in the State of Residence section of the Basic Info Q&A, you will be prompted to add a specific state program. After you complete the Federal Q&A section, TaxAct will prompt you to order and install that state program. At that time, you can choose a different or additional state by clicking Add State.
To delete a state return:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return, click State and then click Continue
- If you have multiple states in your return, click No until you reach the screen for the state you wish to delete.
- Click Delete State and then click OK to confirm
- Start your TaxAct Desktop program, click Return in the top left corner of your screen and hover your mouse over State and then click on Add/Remove State
- Click the box in front of the state name to check or uncheck the box (check to select the state, and uncheck to deselect the state )
- Click OK at the bottom of the dialog box