Search Help Topics:

If you received any FIP (Family Independence Program) and other DHS (Department of Human Services) benefits, please enter the amount of those benefits into TaxACT to correctly calculate the Homestead Credit Claim.

To enter this information into TaxACT:

  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the State Q&A tab and then click Michigan directly below the blue tabs
  2. Click Refundable Credits to expand the category
  3. Click Homestead property tax credit to expand the category, and then click Homestead property tax credit claim, Form MI-1040CR
  4. On the screen titled Michigan - Homestead Property Tax Credit Claim click Continue
  5. On the screen titled Michigan - MI-1040CR - Owned or Rented, click Own Home
  6. Answer the questions that apply to your situation. On the screen titled Michigan - MI-1040CR - FIP/DHS read the information and enter the amount of FIP/DHS payments received in 2013.

Was this helpful to you?