Search Help Topics:


Generally, you must include in gross income everything you receive in payment for personal services.

Per IRS Publication 525 Taxable and Nontaxable Income, page 4:

Severance Pay. You must include in income amounts you receive as severance pay and any payment for the cancellation of your employment contract. 

Was this helpful to you?