To enter your child and dependent care expenses:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Child and Dependent Care in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu, then click Yes.
- Click + Add Form 2441 Care Provider to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
- On the screen titled Enter your care provider's information, enter the information requested, then click Continue.
- On the screen titled How much did you pay Care Provider for dependent care in 2020?, enter the Amount paid in 2020, then click Continue.
Your Child and Dependent Care Credit is computed on Federal Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses and will be reported on Line 13a of Federal Form 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. For additional information, see IRS Publication 503 Child and Dependent Care Expenses and IRS Instructions for Form 2441.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.