To enter your child and dependent care expenses:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Child and Dependent Care in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu.
- Click Yes to enter and/or review the care provider information and enter the information on the screens that follow (if information was already entered in this section, you will be prompted to click Review to review the provider information)
- Enter the expenses for each dependent on the screen titled Care Provider - Information and then click Continue
- On the Child Care Credit - Provider Summary screen, click New Copy of Form 2441 Care Provider (Desktop users click Add) or Review to enter the expenses for each dependent as needed
- Once you are done entering the dependent expenses, continue through the screens until you reach the screen titled Dependent Care - Dependent Care Benefits Summary where you can view any credit calculated
Your Child and Dependent Care Credit is computed on Federal Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses and will be reported on line 12a of Federal Form 1040. For additional information, see IRS Publication 503 and the IRS Instructions for Form 2441.