To report or edit Form 1099-MISC:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
- Click Form 1099-MISC.
- Click + Add Form 1099-MISC to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to edit a form already created (desktop program: click Review instead of Edit).
- Continue with the interview process to enter your information.
- On the screen titled What type of income was reported on this Form 1099-MISC?, you need to click the dropdown below Assigned schedule or form, and click which one applies.
- If the form or schedule that you need to assign to Form 1099-MISC is not shown as an option, you will need to complete the form or schedule, then edit this Form 1099-MISC and choose the form or schedule now that it is shown as an option.
- If you click Form 1040/1040-NR, Other Income as the assigned schedule or form, the next screen will be titled Please confirm that the income on this Form 1099-MISC is non-business income, and you will need to click the checkbox to check it. If the income is business income, click Back, and choose a different assigned form or schedule.
- If you need help completing Schedule C in the TaxAct program, go to our Schedule C - Entering Sole Proprietorship in Program FAQ.
- If you need help completing Schedule E in the TaxAct program, go to our Schedule E - Entering Rental Property in Program FAQ.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.