Form 1099-MISC - Entering Nonqualified Deferred Compensation in Program

To report or edit Form 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income, Box 14 -Nonqualified deferred compensation (if you need help accessing Form 1099-MISC in the TaxAct program, go to our Form 1099-MISC - Entering in Program FAQ):

  1. From within your Form 1099-MISC, continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled 1099-MISC: Enter information on form.
  2. Click the data entry field below Box 14 - Nonqualified deferred compensation, and type the amount.

Note. If the income should be reported on Schedule F (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Farming and not on Schedule C, you should report the income directly on Schedule F and not on Form 1099-MISC.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.