To edit the Master Forms in the TaxAct Professional Edition program to include additional information (i.e. Charge By Form, Billing Invoice, Instruction Letter, Partner Letter, or Shareholder Letter):
- Sign in to your TaxAct Professional Edition program.
- Click Preparer in the top menu (while viewing the Client Manager - not from within an individual return).
- Click Master Information, click Master Form Data, then click 1040 - Individual, 1065 - Partnership, 1120 - C Corporation, 1120-S - S Corporation, or 990 - Exempt.
- Click the Instruction Letter tab and add or change information as desired.
- Click OK to save changes.
Each time you update the Master Instruction Letter, you will need to indicate which returns should include the updated letter.
To pull updated information into multiple (or all) client returns:
- Click Preparer in the top menu.
- Click Master Information, then click Copy Master Form Data to Client(s).
- Select the client(s) to transfer the new information to and click Select Forms to Copy.
- By default, all Master Forms will be selected. To copy only the Master Instruction Letter changes, uncheck/clear any box as needed, then click Copy Selected Forms to Clients.
- Click OK to confirm that you wish to transfer the new information to those clients.