To edit the Master Forms in the TaxAct Professional Edition program to include additional information (i.e. Charge By Form, Billing Invoice, Instruction Letter, Partner Letter or Shareholder Letter):
- Start your TaxAct Professional Edition program
- Click Preparer in the top menu (while viewing the Client Manager - not from within an individual return)
- Hover your mouse over Master Information, then over Master Form Data and click 1040 - Individual, 1065 - Partnership, 1120 - C Corporation or 1120S - S Corporation
- Click on the Instruction Letter tab and add or change information as desired
- Click OK to save changes.
Each time you update the Master Instruction Letter, you will need to indicate which returns should include the updated letter.
To pull updated information into multiple (or all) client returns:
- Click Preparer in the top menu
- Hover your mouse over Master Information, then click Copy Master Form Data to Client(s)
- Select the Client(s) to transfer the new information to
- By default, all Master Forms will be selected. To copy only the Master Instruction Letter changes, click the Select Forms to Copy button. Click to clear any box as needed and then click OK and then Yes to confirm that you wish to transfer the new information to those clients.