The following steps will enable you to enter or review information from Form 1099-DIV Dividends and Distributions:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal
- Click Investment Income to expand the category and then click Dividend Income (Form 1099-DIV)
- Click New Copy of Form 1099-DIV (Desktop users click Add) to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created
- Click Quick Entry or Step-by-Step Guidance
- If you select Quick Entry, fill in the form to match your paper copy of Form 1099-DIV and be sure to scroll down to answer questions. If you select Step-by-Step Guidance, the program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.