Search Help Topics:


Form 1042-S Box 1, Code 50 - Other Income

Form 1042-S is used to report amounts paid to foreign persons (including persons presumed to be foreign) that are subject to tax withholding, even if no amount is deducted and withheld from the payment because of a treaty or code exception to taxation or if any amount withheld was repaid to the payee. It is also used to report amounts withheld under Chapter 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.

To enter Other Income reported on Form 1042-S into the TaxAct program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Other Income  in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category, and then click Miscellaneous income
  3. Enter a description and the amount on the screen Miscellaneous - Amounts Received - Form 1040NR

Additional Information

Was this helpful to you?