Which Business Product to Use to File Your Return

You can use TaxAct® to prepare your business tax return. Which tax product you should use depends on how your business is organized.

If you have a sole proprietorship or a single-member LLC, you likely can file a Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Business on your personal Form 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return tax return. For a formal partnership, you should file Form 1065 U.S. Return of Partnership Income. For an S-Corporation, you should file Form 1120-S U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation. For a C-Corporation, you should file Form 1120 U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return.

See IRS Publication 3402 Taxation of Limited Liability Companies for more information on which form to use for your LLC.

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.