Per the IRS instructions for Schedule A, uniforms required by your employer that are not suitable for ordinary wear can be reported on Line 21 of Schedule A as unreimbursed employee expenses.
- From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal Q&A tab
- Click Itemized or Standard Deductions to expand the category and then click Unreimbursed employee expenses - Subject to 2% of AGI Limit
- Click Yes on the screen titled Itemized Deductions – Job or Miscellaneous Deductions
- Click No on the screen titled Itemized Deductions – Deduct Form 2106 Expenses
- Click Continue on the following 2 screens and enter the cost of the uniforms in the box Work clothes/uniforms if required and not suitable for everyday use