The Simplified Method Worksheet in the TaxAct® program shows the calculation of the taxable amount from entries made in the retirement income section.
To view this worksheet in a TaxAct Online return:
- From within your TaxAct Online return, click Print Center in the left column.
- Click Custom
- Click the checkbox(es) to the left of what you wish to print (the top section contains individual forms or schedules and the bottom section contains documents and worksheets). You may need to scroll down in the section to locate the item.
- Click Print and then click the PDF link. Click the printer icon or the save icon (available when you hover your mouse over the bottom of the PDF form) to print or save the PDF copy.
Note:If you see a message indicating you have not paid your return fees, click the View/Pay link, which will direct you through the Paper Filing steps. Continue through the screens until you have processed the payment for your product fees and then repeat the steps to print.
To view this worksheet in a TaxAct Desktop return:
- Click on the Forms icon in the toolbar to open the Forms view.
- Expand the Federal view
- Expand the Worksheets view
- Scroll down and double click Form 1040 Taxable Pensions and Annuities - Simplified Method Worksheet and then double click the individual worksheet